Wollongong on the South Coast has to be one of the most amazing cities in Sydney to plan and have a wedding. From our beautiful beaches, countryside and the busy cityscape there is no shortage of amazing locations to hold your dream wedding reception and to capture formal wedding photos.
The first thing that comes into mind when you think Wollongong and wedding photography is the iconic beaches and beautiful parks and landscapes that surround the area. But what people tend to forget is that Wollongong wedding photographers who are talented and understand light can make the most out of any location, venue and situation by just looking at the quality, direction and type of light to create some magical wedding photographs.
- Is there enough space for your bridal party to mingle and to get some beautiful wide shots?
- Can you access the property where you are planning on having wedding photographs, is it Private property or do you need to book access through the owner or council ?
- Keep the time of day in mind. Is it going to be a busy Friday or Saturday afternoon where getting from some of Wollongong’s southern suburbs to the center CBD will take longer? This is quiet often forgotten and can be quiet critical but an experienced wollongong wedding photographer should help you arrange this.
- Go to the location you were thinking of using at the time you were thinking of using before the day to see how busy it’s going to be and what the light may be like.
- Does your wedding reception venue have locations on the grounds for wedding photos. Try keep it local and you will create a stress free day.